Joining our team is an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience and connect with international film experts, talents, and industry members instantly.
Desirable candidates are strong communicators with a positive attitude and a passion for film.
Send your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org to get involved or use the contact form below.
Are you passionate about diversity and film? Look no further!
As a non-profit organization, we are constantly on the look out for volunteers with impressive skills to become part of our dedicated and multicultural team.
Think you’re the perfect fit? Send us a brief description of your areas of interest, experience, and availability as well as any supporting materials (CV, cover letter, creative works, etc.) to email@example.com or use the contact form below.
Farsi Cinema Center is a Toronto-based nonprofit, nonpartisan platform connecting the Farsi film industries of Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan with the rest of the world. As the premier worldwide initiative devoted to Farsi cinema, its focus is on creating the space for networking, idea exchange, and collaboration among filmmakers, producers, talent, distributors and executives in film.
Joining our multicultural team is an excellent opportunity to get hands on experience and connect with international film experts, talents, and industry members instantly.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, strong writer to join our international team, and contribute to Farsi Cinema Center’s editorial output. The editorial assistant will work with the marketing and editorial team to create weekly content in both English and Farsi for the FCC blog, newsletter, and social media platforms. Desirable candidates will be strong oral and written communicators, with a keen interest in international art house cinema.
If you are passionate about film and diversity, and eager to build your portfolio with published work, this is the opportunity for you. Please note that this an unpaid volunteering opportunity.
– Research local and international news surrounding Farsi-speaking cinema, independent filmmaking, and film festivals.
– Assist with ideation, and creation of engaging written content that is aligned with Farsi Cinema Center’s organizational strategy.
– Draft copy that reflects FCC’s mission across all social media platforms.
– Brainstorm creative interview questions for exclusive interviews with film industry affiliates.
– University/College Students or recent graduates.
– Strong organizational and critical thinking skills.
– Resourcefulness with the tendency to speak your mind and contribute to team discussions.
– Keen interest in the global film industry, with a willingness to learn about the Farsi-speaking region (Iran, Afghanistan, and Tajikistan).
– Fluency in spoken and written Farsi a strong asset (Applicants fluent in Farsi will play a role in translating their work).
– 3-6 month role, with the possibility of extension upon review.
– Start Date: As soon as possible.
Think you’re the perfect fit? Send us a brief description of your areas of interest, experience, and availability, as well as any supporting materials. (CV, Cover Letter, Portfolio, etc). Candidates without writing samples will not be considered.